Reviewed February 4, 2017
"We had such a great stay at Mombacho Lodge. Cynthia was so helpful when my husband's luggage didn't arrive from the airline. They helped us organize clothes and medications as well as transportation to get things."...Leewarner Middleton
Reviewed August 17, 2016
Awesome trip - well beyond expectations
Our host, Cynthia, went above and beyond what we expected during our stay at the lodge.......made all of our tour arrangements.
During our stay at the lodge, we hiked the El Tigrillo Trail, took a canopy tour (zip line), went horseback riding, went to Catarina for a beautiful view of Laguna de Apoyo, went to the Masaya Market and took the Masaya Volcano night tour, in addition to enjoying and relaxing in the beautiful natural setting of the lodge...jodomrr
Reviewed August 26, 2016
Sister trip in Nicaragua
"My sister and I stayed at Mombacho Lodge for 6 nights........Working with a vegan diet can be challenging, but she nailed it! She arranged drivers, tours and activities based on what we had told her we wanted to see and do. This meant we could relax a bit since each day was planned."....Murphyalori3
Just a few of the many comments on making things run smoothly from
-When you come to Mombacho Lodge we work hard to line you up with activities that fit what you want to do.....whether they are on the mountain, in Granada, or any of the many day-trip activities you can make from the Lodge. That is part of our job....to help you get the most out of every day you are here. We'll get you the names and contacts and tell you what you can expect. We'll also line you up with dependable, safe transportation. We are happy to discuss this with you as you plan your trip ......either before you get here or once you arrive at the Lodge. And if you have some problem with health issues, luggage or whatever, we stand ready and wiling to help.
To give you an idea of the various general considerations and some specifics we deal with to make you stay more relaxing, here are a dozen examples which is by no means an exclusive list:
1. Bus, taxi, rental car, private car....which is best for my trip...or part of the trip. Cost from place
2. What kind of day-trips can I take from here to see the locals living in a non tourist way and get some typical food that is safe to eat. (we can line all that out for you)
3. Is San Juan del Sur just a big party town....can I get some quality beach time there...is it
safe. What other beaches are down that way and how do I get to them.
4. How can I get down to the Rio San Juan Area now that the ferry service is not
running....is it worth it?
5. If I go to San Carlos on the Rio San Juan, what are my options for areas to travel in or stay down there...how can I get from one place to another.
6. Where are the very best beaches...north and south. What will I find at different
beaches. Which ones for kids?
7. Leon or Granada or both? Which of the cities is for me?
8. Should you go up north to the Matagalpa, Esteli area?
9. The pros and cons of Ometepe? Can I take a car over? How? Do I need a car?
10. Hiking the volcanos...which ones are for you?
11. How long a drive from one place to another and how much does it cost?
12. Changing money and where will you need local currency vs. USD or Credit Cards.
And just about anything else you can think of.....